The AIPPI Essay Prize is intended to encourage the art of essay writing on Intellectual Property and related topics. There are two possible prizes for AIPPI members and a separate prize for IP students. The overall 1st prize is one complimentary registration for an AIPPI World Congress (to be redeemed within the next three AIPPI World Congresses starting from the next calendar year) and 2,000 Swiss Francs. Second prize is 1,000 Swiss Francs. A separate student prize of 1,000 Swiss Francs is also offered. In addition, the winning entries will be published on the AIPPI website. The deadline for this year’s competition is September 1, 2020.
The subject of the 2020 AIPPI Essay Prize is: ‘COVID-19 and its impact on the world of IP’
Instructions for authors:
- The AIPPI Essay Prize template should be used. Download the AIPPI Essay Competition Template here.
- Essays must be in English and between 2,500 to 3,000 words in total. The word count excludes references.
- Entries should be double-spaced and sent as a Word document (.doc or .docx).
- The author’s name should appear on the title page only.
- Please fill out the AIPPI Essay Prize 2020 Entry Form and submit it with your essay.
- Send your essay and completed entry form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and conditions:
- Entrants must be an AIPPI member to enter the competition for the first two prizes.
- For the AIPPI Student Prize, you must be currently enrolled on an academic programme in the field of Intellectual Property. You do not necessarily have to be an AIPPI member.
- All entries must be received by 5 pm (CEST) on September 1, 2020.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- All entries must be your own original work and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The essay cannot be a co-authored piece of writing.
- The essay may not be published anywhere else (including online blogs etc.) or be under consideration by another publisher. By submitting the essay, you grant AIPPI permission to publish it as we see fit.
- Essays will be judged on contents and presentation, and should adhere to the style guide of AIPPI’s publishing partner Wolters Kluwer.
- Entries not submitted in accordance to the terms and conditions, rules and directions of the competition, or are incomplete will not be eligible.
- There are no alternative prizes and prizes cannot be transferred to another person.
- The judges’ decision is final. The judges reserve the right not to award the prize, should no entry reach a sufficiently high standard.