To monitor, comment and advise AIPPI on policy and legal frameworks relating to Trade Secrets including:
- Regional, national, and local laws and court decisions relating to protection of trade secrets
- Definition of trade secrets and requirements for protection thereof
- Remedies for theft or disclosure of trade secrets
To advise the Bureau of:
- developments in the Field meriting an AIPPI position, including any further study or analysis necessary or desirable to determine an AIPPI position;
- possible avenues for cooperation with GOs and other NGOs in the Field.
To identify, select and provide to the Bureau key documentation relevant to the Field.
To serve as a resource for AIPPI when positions relevant to the Field are conveyed by AIPPI, including, in the absence of an existing AIPPI position, to formulate a position if requested by the Bureau.
At the request of the Bureau, submit or represent, or instruct other AIPPI representatives, as to AIPPI’s position in international fora, including meetings of WIPO, WTO and other meetings of GOs and NGOs.
 Other than WIPO documents which the Bureau receives directly.