Speaker in Panel Session V – General IP – IP & Fashion: protect your style
Monday, September 19, 2016 from 09.00 to 10.30
Pravin Anand, Managing Partner of Anand and Anand, completed his law studies and was admitted to the Bar in 1979. Since then, in a career spanning almost 4 decades, he has become a leading figure in intellectual property law and as well as representing many of the World’s leading companies and institutions he has worked tirelessly to create one of the most innovative and forward thinking law firms in India.
Mr. Anand has been counsel in a large number of landmark IP cases including the first Anton Piller order (HMV cases), the first Mareva Injunction Order (Philips case), the first Norwich Pharmacal Order (Hollywood Cigarettes case), the first order under the Hague Convention (Astra Zeneca case) and many significant cases for Pharma clients such as Merck, Roche, Pfizer and BMS.
Among the highlights of his career are:
- Most Innovative Lawyer – Asia Pacific (FT Asia-Pacific Most Innovative Lawyers 2015)
- AIPPI Award of Merit (First Indian legal practitioner to receive the award)
- Life Time Achievement Award – Legal Era
- Life Time Achievement Award – National Law Day Award – 2010
- First two decrees in contested patent cases granted after 45 years of patent litigation in Roche vs Cipla and Merck vs Glenmark.