To monitor the development and the implementation of the Madrid Protocol.
To study and advise on proposed rules, regulations and political problems in the implementation of the Madrid Protocol.
To formulate, and with the approval of the Bureau to submit and represent AIPPI´s standpoint at WIPO Meetings.
To advise on:
– developments in the field rendering intervention of AIPPI desirable
– issues meriting further study
– instruction to AIPPI Representatives at GO Meetings
– possibilities of cooperation with other NGOs
Collect and provide the Bureau with:
– documents of general interest on the subject (the Bureau receives WIPO documents directly)
To provide (in addition to point “Monitoring”):
– annually 2 months before each international Meeting an account of activities since the last such Meeting (incl. negative Report)
– within 1 month a written Report on all GO Meetings attended
– immediately Reports on matters of special interest in the field
Matters related to adherence of the EU to the Madrid Protocol are to be coordinated with Q85.
The Chairman of the Committee shall inform Committee Officers, and in the case of Special Committees the Committee Members, of relevant Committee activities and shall seek, if possible, their advise and cooperation in formulating the Committees views.
Except as otherwise agreed all Reports, Minutes and other documentation are to be submitted to the General Secretariat.