- Main Task:
To monitor the development of the Community Trademark Legislation and its implementation.
To study and advise on proposed rules and regulations concerning Community Trademarks.
To formulate, and with the approval of the Bureau to submit and represent AIPPI´s standpoint at EU and OHIM Meetings.
- Advise Bureau:
To advise on:
– developments in the field rendering intervention of AIPPI desirable
– issues meriting further study
– instruction to AIPPI Representatives at GO Meetings
– possibilities of cooperation with other NGOs
Collect and provide the Bureau with:
– all related EU and OHIM documentation
– other documents of general interest on the subject
To provide (in addition to point “Monitoring”):
– annually 2 months before each international Meeting an account of activities since the last such Meeting (incl. negative Report)
– within 1 month a written Report on all GO Meetings attended
– immediately Reports on matters of special interest in the field
- Special Instructions:
Matters related to the adherence to of the EU to the Madrid Protocol are to be coordinated with Q88.
The Chairman of the Committee shall inform Committee Officers, and in the case of Special Committees the Committee Members, of relevant Committee activities and shall seek, if possible, their advise and cooperation in formulating the Committees views.
- Secretary: Bartosz KRAKOWIAK (Poland)
- Member: Hiromichi AOKI (Japan)
- Member: Sergio M. ELLMANN (Argentina)
- Member: Evelyne ROUX (France)
- Member: Heiko SENDROWSKI (Germany)
- Chairman: MartinSick Nielsen (Denmark)
- Co-Chairman: Marcell Kereszty (Hungary)
- Member: Karin Segall (USA)
- Assistant Reporter General: Nicola DAGG