To monitor, comment and advise AIPPI on policy and legal frameworks relating to the WTO/TRIPS Agreement and its implementation, including:
· study of, and advice to the Bureau and AIPPI members on, proposed amendments of or additions
to the TRIPS Agreement
· monitoring international developments which impact on the WTO position/negotiations on TRIPS
· monitoring activities of other international and regional bodies (GOs and NGOs) in relation to WTO/TRIPS
To advise the Bureau of:
· developments in the Field meriting an AIPPI position, including any further study or analysis necessary or desirable to determine an AIPPI position;
· possible avenues for cooperation with GOs and other NGOs in the Field.
To identify, select and provide the Bureau key documents relevant to the Fieldi, including:
· WTO/TRIPS documentation
· other documents of general interest on TRIPS related issues
To serve as a resource for AIPPI when positions relevant to the Field are conveyed by AIPPI, including, in the absence of an existing AIPPI position, to formulate a position if requested by the Bureau.
At the request of the Bureau, submit or represent, or instruct other AIPPI representatives, as to AIPPI’s position in international fora, including meetings of WIPO, WTO and other meetings of GOs and NGOs.
To co-ordinate with other AIPPI committees as specified below.