To monitor, comment and advise AIPPI on policy and legal frameworks relating to trademarks, including:
• review of policy initiatives and proposed legislative changes;
• review of judicial decisions;
• monitoring of the trademark related agenda and work of (1) WIPO, (2) OHIM and (3) other organisations with a focus on (among other things) trademarks,
• monitoring ICANN developments and other domain name related issues as they relate to trademarks
• geographical indications.
To advise the Bureau of:
• developments in the Field meriting an AIPPI position, including any further study or analysis necessary or desirable to determine an AIPPI position;
• possible avenues for cooperation with GOs and other NGOs in the Field.
To identify, select and provide to the Bureau key documentation relevant to the Field.
To serve as a resource for AIPPI when positions relevant to the Field are conveyed by AIPPI, including, in the absence of an existing AIPPI position, to formulate a position if requested by the Bureau.
At the request of the Bureau, submit or represent, or instruct other AIPPI representatives, as to AIPPI’s position in international fora, including meetings of WIPO, WTO and other meetings of GOs and NGOs.
To coordinate with other AIPPI committees as specified below.