To establish to which degree the Members of TRIPS are living up to their obligations under Section 4 of Part III: “Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights of TRIPS”, and to establish to which extent further measures than prescribed by that part of TRIPS are deemed desirable.
- Main Task:
Any future developments in that context.
- Advise to the Bureau:
On all actions to be taken by AIPPI in the above context, after a Resolution will have adopted by the EXCO in Sorrento, April 2000, including initiatives of the Bureau to contact WTO.
Provide the Bureau with pertinent documents to be obtained from:
– Groups as to developments in their countries or regions;
– European Commissions
any other useful source.
On all further activities of the Committee.
- Special Instructions:
Liaise with the Committee of Q 94 GATT/WTO (Chairman: Martin J. Lutz).
Except as otherwise agreed all Reports, Minutes and other documentation are to be submitted to the General Secretariat.
- Co-Chairman: Stuart SMITH (Australia)
- Secretary: Tamás BOKOR (Hungary)
- Member: Sergio M. ELLMANN (Argentina)
- Member: Jack GOLDSTEIN (United States of America)
- Member: Young-wook HA (Republic of Korea)
- Chairman: Elisabeth Ponsolle des Portes (France)