To monitor, comment and advise AIPPI on policy and legal frameworks relating to patents, including:
• Statutes, regulations, policies, and examination practices relating to patents in the various jurisdictions, including without limitation:
• Scope of patentability
• Determination of claim scope
• Requirements for sufficiency of disclosure
• Formal requirements, including formatting and required declarations
• Inventorship and ownership of patents
• Determination of infringement, including infringement defences but excluding:
• Developments relating to the Patent Cooperation Treaty
• Design patents
To advise the Bureau of:
• developments in the Field meriting an AIPPI position, including any further study or analysis necessary or desirable to determine an AIPPI position;
• possible avenues for cooperation with GOs and other NGOs in the Field.
To identify, select and provide to the Bureau key documentation relevant to the Field.
To serve as a resource for AIPPI when positions relevant to the Field are conveyed by AIPPI, including, in the absence of an existing AIPPI position, to formulate a position if requested by the Bureau.
At the request of the Bureau, submit or represent, or instruct other AIPPI representatives, as to AIPPI’s position in international fora, including meetings of WIPO, WTO and other meetings of GOs and NGOs.
To coordinate with other AIPPI committees as specified below.