To monitor, comment and advise AIPPI on policy, regulatory and legal frameworks relating to protection and licensing of intellectual property in the context of the climate change debate, including:
- policy initiatives, and proposed regulatory and legislative changes at national and regional levels;
- legislation, and regulatory and judicial decisions at national and regional levels;
- the debate about scope of protection under international instruments, eg the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UFCCC) and its appertaining Conferences of the Parties (COP);
- the empirical basis for the climate change debate as it relates to intellectual property issues,
- (the Field).
- To advise the Bureau of:
- developments in the Field meriting an AIPPI position, including any further study or analysis necessary or desirable to determine an AIPPI position;
- possible avenues for cooperation with GOs and other NGOs in the Field.
To identify, select and provide to the Bureau key documentation relevant to the Field, including in particular documentation of the UFCCC/COP .
To serve as a resource for AIPPI when positions relevant to the Field are conveyed by AIPPI including, in the absence of an existing AIPPI position, to formulate a position if requested by the Bureau.
At the request of the Bureau, submit or represent, or instruct other AIPPI representatives, as to AIPPI’s position in international fora, including meetings of WIPO, WTO and other meetings of GOs and NGOs.
To co-ordinate with other AIPPI committees as specified below.