To monitor, comment and advise AIPPI on policy and legal frameworks relating to IP and Genetic Resources, Traditional Knowledge and Folklore (GRTK), including:
• review of policy initiatives, and proposed regulatory and legislative changes
• review of regulatory and judicial decisions
• submission of comments and recommendations to the Bureau reflecting an appropriate balance between the interests of various stakeholders
To advise the Bureau of:
• developments in the Field meriting an AIPPI position, including any further study or analysis necessary or desirable to determine an AIPPI position;
• possible avenues for cooperation with GOs and other NGOs in the Field.
To identify, select and provide to the Bureau key documentation relevant to the Field , including:
• all drafts of and all published comments – also from other NGOs – on the GRTK.
To serve as a resource for AIPPI when positions relevant to the Field are conveyed by AIPPI, including, in the absence of an existing AIPPI position, to formulate a position if requested by the Bureau.
At the request of the Bureau, submit or represent, or instruct other AIPPI representatives, as to AIPPI’s position in international fora, including meetings of WIPO, CBD, UNESCO and related UN Meetings.
To co ordinate with other AIPPI committees as specified below