To monitor, comment and advise AIPPI on policy and legal frameworks and provide practical guidelines relating to the commercialisation of intellectual property at national, regional and international levels, including:
laws, regulations and policy initiatives related to the commercialisation of IP, including without limitation:
legal vehicles to commercialise IP and their advantages/disadvantages, including:
- spin-offs and start-ups
- joint ventures/other joint commercialisation vehicles
- university/academic technology transfer agencies/other IP commercialisation agencies
- patent pools
- IP holding entities
commercialisation procedures and IP management, including:
- licensing and other rights of use
- sale and licensing-back
- IP brokering/auctioning
- Securitisation of IP, pledging and other forms of security
- IP auditing, valuation and accounting
- IP due diligence and best practice
empirical studies on the effectiveness of the various vehicles and procedures
special needs of different users, eg SMEs, entrepreneurs but excluding:
- enforcement of IP rights
- (F)RAND issues
- compulsory licensing
To advise the Bureau of:
- developments in the Field meriting an AIPPI position, including any further study or analysis necessary or desirable to determine an AIPPI position;
- possible avenues for cooperation with GOs and other NGOs in the Field.
To identify, select and provide to the Bureau key documentation relevant to the Field, including documents of LESI and IPO.
To serve as a resource for AIPPI when positions relevant to the Field are conveyed by AIPPI, including, in the absence of an existing AIPPI position, to formulate a position if requested by the Bureau.
At the request of the Bureau, submit or represent, or instruct other AIPPI representatives, as to AIPPI’s position in international fora, including meetings of WIPO, WTO and other meetings of GOs and NGOs.
To coordinate with other AIPPI committees as specified below in relation to matters relevant to the Field.
United Nations Economic Commission for Europe
Other than WIPO documents which the Bureau receives directly.